In 2021, the FSC Life Insurance Summit - now in its 12th year - will be delivered as a hybrid event, with in person and virtual ticket options available.
The Summit’s overarching theme of ‘Securing the industry’s future’ will influence the conversations of the day, with speakers exploring a range of timely topics across a mix of panel discussions, in conversations and keynote addresses.
Plus, the Life Insurance Industry Awards Dinner will be held on the evening of the Summit. Get your teams together and celebrate your achievements amongst peers. See more here.
The FSC Life Insurance Summit is THE life insurance event to attend this year - don't miss it!
Date: Wednesday 21 April, 2021
Time: Summit: 8.30am - 5.30pm / Awards Dinner: 6.30pm - 10.00pm
Venue: The Hilton, 488 George St, Sydney / Online
EARLY BIRD RATES
IN PERSON SUMMIT + AWARDS DINNER COST
MEMBER RATE: $1,300 + GST per person
NON-MEMBER RATE: $1,700 + GST per person
VIRTUAL SUMMIT COST
MEMBER RATE: $550 + GST per person
NON-MEMBER RATE: $700 + GST per person
Virtual tickets do not include a dinner ticket. Early bird rates end Friday 5 March, 2021. For event booking terms and conditions, please see here.
The FSC team look forward to welcoming you to the 12th Annual Life Insurance Summit 2021.
A formal open from our MC, Andrew Coorey.
The FSC's CEO, Sally Loane, will address delegates with a welcome speech.
Minister Hume will look to provide an overview of some of the challenges facing the industry, her vision of the future, policy priorities for the Government in 2021.
Senator the Hon Jane Hume, Minister for Superannuation, Financial Services and the Digital Economy
A snapshot in time discussion, looking at where the industry is and the journey ahead. Hear from senior industry leaders on how the sector is looking to solve the Sustainability of Living Benefits – Individual Disability Income Insurance (IDII) issues.
Moderator: Nick Kirwan, Senior Policy Manager - Life Insurance, FSC
- Brett Clark, Group CEO & Managing Director, TAL
- Ian Laughlin, Convenor, Disability Insurance Task Force of the Actuaries Institute & Principal, PFS Consulting
- Nicolas Carro, CEO, Munich Re Australasia
Enjoy some morning tea and mingling time.
The Shadow Minister will outline the priorities for the opposition and the areas they are looking to hold the Government to account on.
Stephen Jones MP, Shadow Minister for Financial Services
This year will not only see the IDII changes come into effect, but also the implementation of the Royal Commission legislative reforms, the start of the DDO regime and the transition to a new Life Code. Listen to insights from senior regulatory leaders on what this means for the industry and customers.
Moderator: Michael Vrisakis, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Suzanne Johnson, General Manager - Life Insurance, Insurance Division, APRA
- Emma Curtis, Senior Executive Leader - Insurers, Financial Services and Wealth Group, ASIC
- John Price, Lead Ombudsman Insurance, AFCA
From 2021, the way consumers interact with their Income Protection will be changing. What are the choices for consumers and what needs to be done to prepare them for this?
Moderator: Glen James, Host - My Millennial Money podcast & Wish You'd Known, a dedicated life risk adviser podcast
- John Berrill, Director, Berrill & Watson
- Alexandra Kelly, Director of Casework, Financial Rights Legal Centre
- Phil Kewin, CEO, AFA
Enjoy a long lunch and networking break.
APRA has pointed to issues in other Living Benefits. What is the industry’s pulse on other individual benefits, like TPD and Trauma, and how can we improve the working rhythm?
Moderator: Briallen Cummings, Partner, Actuarial & Financial Risk, KPMG
- Justin Delaney, CEO, Life & Investments Australia, Zurich
- Megan Beer, CEO, Resolution Life Australasia & AMP Life
- Mark Stewart, Managing Director - Australia and New Zealand, RGA
What are the key sustainability issues in the group market and how will this play out with the incoming Your Future, Your Super changes?
Moderator: Jenni Baxter, EGM Insurance, Rice Warner
- Melinda Howes, Managing Director, BT Superannuation
- Tyson Johnston, General Manager - Australia, Pacific Life Re
- James Carey, Head of Group Insurance, MetLife
- Sean Williamson, Chief Group Insurance Officer, MLC Life Insurance
Enjoy a short break before the last session of the day!
Hear from key thought leaders about what the life insurance industry needs to do to endure and flourish in the years ahead.
- Simon Swanson, Managing Director, Clearview
- Damien Mu, CEO, AIA
- Sharon Ooi, Head - Australia & New Zealand, Swiss Re
The FSC's Senior Policy Manager – Life Insurance, Nick Kirwan, will close the Summit.