The FSC supports policy setting principles that:
- Enhance market integrity and efficiency
- Promote sound corporate governance practices in the
- Maintain and increase consumer confidence in the
Senior Policy Manager, Investments and Global Markets
The Financial Services sector was the largest contributor to the Australian economy in the 2015-16 financial year, accounting for $145.8 billion of our $1.7 trillion
The 2017 FSC/UBS Asset Management State of the Industry Report provides a comprehensive summary of the financial services industry in Australia. The report outlines the big picture view of the entire industry as it currently stands, covering key areas, including the sector’s crucial role in the overall economy, as well as snapshots of the life insurance, superannuation, financial advice, funds management and trustee services businesses.
This report outlines the value of professional funds management and how funds management can help people grow their wealth.
The report outlines:
- what funds management is
- what fund managers do, including identifying the benefits of professional management of an investment or superannuation portfolio such as providing diversification, increased access to a wider range of asset classes and pooling of risk
- the important role of asset stewardship, acting in the interests of the fund’s investors and supporting good governance and responsible investing (factoring in environmental, social and governance factors).
For more information on fund management please go to the ASIC Money Smart Website.
The FSC is proud to be an ambassador for the Future IM/Pact industry initiative aimed at attracting more diverse talent into the investment teams of Australia’s leading super funds and fund managers.
Future IM/Pact says:
We know that our ability to build high performing teams depends on attracting and valuing diverse talent who bring different perspectives. Our challenge is the majority of our teams remain very Anglo-Celtic and male-dominated.
When we look to hire people for junior analyst positions - our entry-level jobs - the vast majority of candidates are men. We’re determined to change that reality.
How? We want to help Australia’s best and brightest problem solvers from diverse backgrounds consider how they can impact the world as an investor. Insights and opportunities to get a foot in the door will also be provided.
Our initial focus is on reaching women because their perspectives are most under-represented in our teams.
Click here for more information and to find out support can be provided to this initiative.
Recent Media Releases