The FSC believes Australia needs a tax system that:
- Encourages saving and investment, and allows Australian business to be more competitive and create jobs;
- Provides better incentives to individual Australians to be productive and save;
- Promotes the development of Australia as a financial services centre that exports financial services to the rest of the world;
- Is efficient, non-distortionary and equitable with lower compliance costs and appropriate enforcement; and
- Gives government more robust, efficient revenue bases, and helps attain sound and sustainable public finances and more balance Federal financial relations.
Senior Policy Manager,Taxation & Economics
P: 02 9299 3022