About the Financial Services Council's Members
The FSC is a peak body which sets mandatory Standards and develops policy for more than 100 member companies in one of Australia’s largest industry sectors, financial services.
Our Full Members represent Australia’s retail and wholesale funds management businesses, superannuation funds and financial advice licensees.
Our Supporting Members represent the professional services firms such as ICT, consulting, accounting, legal, recruitment, actuarial and research houses.
The financial services industry is responsible for investing more than $3 trillion on behalf of over 15.6 million Australians. The pool of funds under management is larger than Australia’s GDP and the capitalisation of the Australian Securities Exchange, and is one of the largest pools of managed funds in the world.
For all Australians to have a fair and financially secure future.
The Financial Services Council’s mission is to assist our members achieve the following outcomes for Australians:
- to increase their financial security and wellbeing;
- to protect their livelihoods;
- to provide them with a comfortable retirement;
- to champion integrity, ethics and social responsibility in financial services; and
- to advocate for financial literacy and inclusion.
We help members better serve their clients and customers by continuously engaging in advocacy concerning the development of the social, economic and regulatory framework in which our members operate.
The Financial Services Council is committed to:
- being open, transparent, and collaborative;
- encouraging ethical and equitable behaviour by members through the development of industry standards;
- negotiating the creation of efficient regulatory regimes; and
- creating “level playing fields” and competitive markets.
- Taking initiative and owning outcomes;
- Being open, transparent and collaborative;
- Leading with ethical behaviour; and
- Socially responsible – giving back to the community.