About the Financial Services Council's Members
The Financial Services Council (FSC) has over 100 members. Our Full Members represent Australia's retail and wholesale funds management businesses, superannuation funds, life insurers, financial advisory networks and licensed trustee companies.
Our Supporting Members represent the professional services firms such as ICT, consulting, accounting, legal, recruitment and research houses.
The industry is responsible for investing more than $2.7 trillion on behalf of 13 million Australians. The pool of funds under management is larger than Australia’s GDP and the capitalisation of the Australian Securities Exchange and is the fourth largest pool of managed funds in the world.
The FSC promotes best practice for the financial services industry by setting mandatory Standards for its members and providing Guidance Notes to assist in operational efficiency.
For all Australians to have a fair and financially secure future.
The Financial Services Council’s mission is to assist our members achieve the following outcomes for Australians:
- to increase their financial security and wellbeing;
- to protect their livelihoods;
- to provide them with a comfortable retirement;
- to champion integrity, ethics and social responsibility in financial services; and
- to advocate for financial literacy and inclusion.
We will do this by continuously engaging in advocacy concerning the development of the social, economic and regulatory framework in which our members operate, thereby helping them to better serve their clients and customers.
The Financial Services Council is committed to:
- being open, transparent, and collaborative;
- encouraging ethical and equitable behaviour by members through the development of industry standards;
- negotiating the creation of efficient regulatory regimes; and
- creating “level playing fields” and competitive markets.
- Taking initiative and owning outcomes;
- Being open, transparent and collaborative;
- Leading with ethical behaviour; and
- Socially responsible – giving back to the community.
The members of the Financial Services Council – Australia’s leading wealth managers – exist to achieve three outcomes for Australians:
- To increase their wealth;
- To protect their lives; and
- To provide them with a comfortable retirement.
As the largest sector in the Australian economy – responsible for managing the savings of all working Australians and facilitating investment in all industries, we have an obligation to speak out on macro-economic policy issues.
- Working to improve the wellbeing of all Australians;
- Promoting financial adequacy for all Australians;
- Increasing consumer confidence in the industry;
- Promoting efficiency, integrity & good regulation; and
- Continuing to improve the professionalism and success of FSC and its Members.