The Financial Services Council manages the Unit Pricing training program.
FSC Unit Pricing Training – Introductory Module 1
Please note that the FSC receives a a benefit from members' use of some of these services to help further fund our member services.
Our Unit Pricing Training Manual, Module 1 aims to introduce trainees to unit pricing terminologies, concepts, obligations, rules, regulations, decision-making processes, industry standards, practices and the key players involved in the unit pricing process.
How is the course delivered?
The training module will be delivered by a PDF of the manual and, when you're ready, a link to the assessment. Learning is, therefore, at your own pace. Once you have done the assessment and it has been marked by the FSC a certificate of completion will be issued.
Who should be trained in introductory unit pricing?
Intended users include, but are not limited to:
- new / trainee unit pricing practitioners;
- those involved in product, product development, accounting, taxation, actuarial, compliance, audit, legal, and also those who may not be directly involved in calculating unit prices but whose role requires or will be enhanced by an adequate understanding of the principles, terminologies and practices;
- customer services officers, advisers, planners and others who deal directly with customers will benefit from a basic understanding of unit pricing in order to enhance the services they provide and better address the needs of customers; and
- outsourced providers whose interactions with industry players will be enhanced by a consistent understanding of the principles, terminologies and practices of unit pricing.
This Unit Pricing Training Manual was developed and has been updated by the FSC Unit Pricing Working Group. It is accompanied by an online assessment facility provided by the Financial Services Council. Those using the Manual for training purposes are encouraged to take the assessment. An FSC Certificate will be issued to those who successfully complete the assessment.
Expected learning outcomes
At the end of this training module you should be able to describe:
- the basic concepts of unit pricing;
- the different types of obligations, rules and related governing documents in relation to unit pricing;
- the different types of industry participants and their roles and responsibilities in relation to unit pricing;
- key unit pricing processes and practices from valuation to calculation of a unit price; and
- what is meant by a unit pricing error and related correction / compensation practices.
For more information about online assessment and unit pricing training, please contact Sharon Sherry, Marketing & Membership Manager for the FSC via firstname.lastname@example.org
Members: $100.00 plus GST
Non-members: $125.00 plus GST
To register and pay
To register and pay for the training, please email Sharon Sherry at email@example.com.
Once your payment has been received you will be sent the training manual and the link to the assessment.