Welcome to the FSC Code of Practice pages. Please click on the links below to access the information.
- Introduction to the Code and Key Code Promises
- Case Studies
- Download the Code (with Appendix: minimum standard medical definitions effective 1 July 2017)
Which companies are bound by the Life Insurance Code of Practice?
Below are the FSC members which are bound by the Code from 30 June 2017 unless otherwise shown.
- AIA Australia Limited
- Allianz Australia Life Insurance Limited
- Asteron Life & Superannuation Limited
- ClearView Life Assurance Limited
- EMLife Pty Ltd (Code subscriber since 14 March 2018)
- General Reinsurance Life Australia Ltd
- Hallmark Life Insurance Company Ltd (part of the Latitude Financial Services Group)
- Hannover Life Re of Australasia Ltd
- HCF Life Insurance Company Pty Ltd (Code subscriber since 1 July 2018)
- Integrity Life Australia Limited (Code subscriber since 1 July 2018)
- MetLife Insurance Limited
- MLC Limited
- Munich Reinsurance Company of Australasia Limited
- NobleOak Life Limited
- OnePath Life Limited (a company of Zurich Australia Limited)
- Pacific Life Re (Australia) Pty Ltd (Code Subscriber since 19 February 2020)
- QInsure Limited (Code subscriber since 15 September 2017)
- Resolution Life Australasia Limited (ex AMP Life Limited)
- RGA Reinsurance Company of Australia Limited
- SCOR Global Life Australia Pty Ltd
- St Andrew's Life Insurance Pty Ltd (Code subscriber until 17 June 2020)
- St George Life Limited (Code subscriber until 20 September 2019)
- Swiss Re Life & Health Australia Limited
- TAL Life Limited
- The Colonial Mutual Life Assurance Society Limited (trading as CommInsure) (Code subscriber until 31 March 2021)
- Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited
- Zurich Australia Limited
THE LIFE CODE COMPLIANCE COMMITTEE (LCCC)
Read the Life Code Compliance Committee Charter.
To access the Life Insurance 101 pages click here.
The Financial Services Council notes that the Life Code Compliance Committee (LCCC) can issue sanctions under the Life Insurance Code of Practice.
There are currently no Code sanctions to view..
RECENT NEWS FROM LCCC
You can find the latest news and publications from the Life Code Compliance Committee (LCCC) below.
- Media Release - Annual Industry Data and Compliance Report 2020-21;
- Life CCC Annual Industry Data and Compliance Report 2020-21;
- Media Release - LCCC Annual Report 2020-21;
- LCCC Annual Report 2020-21;
- Life CCC Report - Annual Industry Data and Compliance Report 2019-20 - Media Release;
- Life CCC Report - Annual Industry Data and Compliance Report 2019-20 - Report;
- LCCC Report - Own Motion Inquiry (OMI) - Medical Definitions - Section 3.2;
- LCCC Annual Report 2019-20;
- Media Release - LCCC 2019-20 Annual Report;
- 2018-2019 Annual Industry Data and Compliance Report;
- Media release dated 26 June 2020;
- LCCC Annual Report 2018-2019; and
- Media release - Year of consolidation for life insurance compliance body dated 25 September 2019.