The FSC supports policy setting principles that:
- Enhance market integrity and efficiency
- Promote sound corporate governance practices in the funds management industry
- Maintain and increase consumer confidence in the funds management industry
Senior Policy Manager, Investments, Global Markets and Superannuation
P: 02 9299 3022
Senior Policy Manager, Investments, Global Markets and Strategy
P: 02 9299 3022
FSC - UBS State of the Industry Report 2017
The Financial Services sector was the largest contributor to the Australian Economy in the 2015-16 financial year, accounting for $145.8 billion of our $1.7 trillion economy.
The 2017 FSC/UBS Asset Management State of the Industry Report provides a comprehensive summary of the financial services industry in Australia. The report outlines the big picture view of the entire industry as it currently stands, covering key areas, including the sector’s crucial role in the overall economy, as well as snapshots of the life insurance, superannuation, financial advice, funds management and trustee services businesses.
Click here to read the report.
The Value of Professional Funds Management
This report outlines the value of professional funds management and how funds management can help people grow their wealth.
The report outlines:
- what funds management is
- what fund managers do, including identifying the benefits of professional management of an investment or superannuation portfolio such as providing diversification, increased access to a wider range of asset classes and pooling of risk
- the important role of asset stewardship, acting in the interests of the fund’s investors and supporting good governance and responsible investing (factoring in environmental, social and governance factors).
Click here to read the document.
For more information on fund management please go to the ASIC Money Smart Website - https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/investing.
Recent Media Releases